In wake of the pandemic, many of us are finding ourselves at home more than we are used to! So what can we do to use this rare time to our advantage by practising self-care on a physical, emotional and spiritual level? The team at Stoned Crystals have compiled a list of activities to keep you entertained while you’re stuck at home!
- "A NEW EARTH" by Eckhart Tolle (Recommended by Maddie)
If you’re looking to delve deep into your psyche and understand what the ego is and how it is in our way, Eckhart is your man. This philosophical gem is written so that the concepts are easy to grasp and will shift your perspective on how us humans currently operate, why that is and how we can raise our consciousness to create a better inner and outer world.
- "WHO MOVED MY CHEESE" by Spencer Johnson (Recommended by Adel)
If you’re not much of a reader, this one is a short, sweet, insightful page-turner. This book is all about shifting your perspective in order to help you deal with the inevitable changes that life brings.
- "INWARD" by Yung Pueblo (Recommended by Jacqui)
“I closed my eyes to look inward and found a universe waiting to be explored”
This is such a simple and easy read, but with beautiful, deep and introspective content! Exploring self-love, unconditional love, the power of letting go, and the wisdom that comes when we truly try to know ourselves. It serves as a reminder to the reader that healing, transformation, and freedom are possible.
- "AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A YOGI" by Paramhansa Yogananda (Recommended by Jacqui)‘
- "WHEN THINGS FALL APART" by Pema Chodron (Recommended by Ashley)
- "THE UNTETHERED SOUL" by Michael A. Singer (Recommended by Ashley)
- "HOME ALONE" on Disney+ (Recommended by Jessica)
A little on the nose, however who doesn’t love Home Alone and Home Alone 2 whether or not it is Christmas time?! Embrace your inner child and settle in for some ingenious boobie traps from Kevin himself.
- "LORD OF THE RINGS" TRILOGY (Recommended by Jessica)
Never feel like you have the time to get lost in the Lord of the Rings trilogy? Well hello, now is a perfect time! If you feel like you need permission to get lost in the 11 plus hours of this magical journey, I am giving you permission. Get the popcorn ready, put the kettle on then allow yourself to be transported with Frodo to through Hobbiton, Rivendell, Mordor and beyond!
- "SPIRITED AWAY" on NETFLIX (Recommended by Maddie)
On the topic of fantasy, this movie will transport you to a dreamy world full of river spirits and beautiful Japanese scenery. You’re welcome!
- "THE LITTLE MERMAID" on DISNEY+ (Recommended by Ashley)
- "GOOP LAB" on NETFLIX (Recommended by Jacqui)
MAKE A CRYSTAL GRID!
Get witchy and use your crystal babies to create your very own crystal grid.
Crystals grids are made using multiple crystals and are designed to amplify your intention. The design of the grid is based on sacred geometry and can be used for any intention. If you’re new to crystal gridding, at Stoned Crystals we have design 3 different type of crystal grid packs that you can assemble at home to apply your intentions and to kick those goals.
Crystal grids offer a different type of energy compared to using one single crystal and is especially used if your intention needs a lot of power behind it to attract it to you.
MAKE A CRYSTAL CANDLE
There is nothing better than delving into your creative side when things feel a little static. Use this time to give your soul a hug and get your craft on. Candle making is nothing short of therapeutic and with the help of fragrances that delight the senses, indulge yourself by creating your very own candle set.
DE-CLUTTER & CLEANSE
Marie Kondo your cupboards and donate/recycle what you can. You’ll feel better for it and help others at the same time. win, win!
- Wipe, dust and get into all of the nooks and crannies that you have forgotten about.
- Go through all of those things you never usually have time to, and de-clutter your space. Take your time.
- Cleanse your space using a Sage smudge or Palo santo stick.
It is imperative at this time to be mindful of the elderly people in our lives. To minimise their risk of exposure to the virus, it is best not to be in physical contact with them at this time, but this certainly does not mean that we can’t pick up the phone! It’s now more important than ever to continue to check in with the more vulnerable members of society, and have a chat. We need to be mindful of keeping in touch with our friends and family, even if it can’t be face to face. Go on, give your Grandma a call, maybe now’s your chance to teach her how to Facetime!
- ‘Lovers’ on Xbox
- Ticket to Ride (Board game)
- Articulate (Board game)
With all of this free time, get outside to your backyard or balcony and plant some edible plants! We’re not talking about doomsday prepping, but just surrounding yourself with more life and nature. If you can, get cuttings and seeds from avid gardeners that you know, or from your local nursery. Gardening is such a grounding activity that will get your outdoors in the sunshine (Vitamin D, tick!) and will allow you to reconnect with nature and bask in the glory of eating your own produce!
There are endless ways to be creative, and everyone has a different way of expressing their unique creativity. Whether you have found your form of creative expression, or you have always wanted to try something new or reignite what you used to do that spark your passions, what a wonderful time to get back into it!
Try your hand at the written word. Whether it is journaling whatever springs to mind, writing a poem, a story or simply writing a list of all the things that you are grateful for, dust off that notebook and put pen to paper!
- COLOUR IN
Sharpen your colouring pencils, dig out your colouring books, put on some groovy tunes and get colouring! This is a great tool to bring you back to the present and to let your mind wander. Embrace your inner child!
- Browse through Pinterest or open up a recipe book and set up your cooking station.
- Whip up some freshly baked goods (all from scratch!) and devour yourself.
- This is a light-hearted way to keep your mind occupied while having fun!
Keep active and move your body! Why not use this time to build some muscle and get some of that restless energy out. There are so many at home workouts that you can do off Youtube. Give it a go a see what you like.
- MADFIT: At-home workouts, no equipment needed. Get toned!
- MEDITATE: With so much fear circulating, now more than ever we need to be practising regular meditation. If you’re new to meditating, Apps are a great way to slow down, be present and get started.
- SMILING MINDS (APP) Guided meditations.
- BREETHE (APP) Also a wonderful meditation app with a practice for so many life circumstances, even for when your sports team loses!
Continue to tune in on our Instagram as we increase our online Live Sales and stay connected with you! We’re continuing to bring Crystals to your couch and are always here to answer any questions you may have.