Crystals not only look beautiful when styled but also offer us a natural centrepiece to any living space that promotes balance and calm. Keeping a stone at the heart of your home is a constant reminder to decompress and take a mindful moment.
But how do you style crystals?
Inspired by the key principles of interior design, our three-step, no-fail formula is the perfect way to display your stones with style!
Step-by-step Styling Guide:
1. Create a Base
Choosing one or two horizontal items to place on a surface. One perfect example of a base is a coffee table book or a stack of glossy magazines. The reading materials will instantly stamps your personality. If you’re looking for a sleek, minimalist look, our gorgeous solid crystal Crystal Crush Platters are perfect for creating a layer of block colour.
2. Add Height
Once you’ve created your perfect base of horizontal pieces, it’s time to add some height. My go-to is my favourite vase filled with flowers, a frame, a candle or Stoned Incense Tower. Choosing something from nature keeps the space fresh and open, and adds to the sensory experience by filling your space with natural fragrance.
3. Crystal Placement
You’ve created a horizontal base and a height interest, it’s time to connect them. This last piece is the focal point of the arrangement, it gives character to the space and even guides the whole direction of the room. My go to? It has to be a crystal. Our Geo Gems are perfect for any space as they are small enough to fit in a nook but chunky enough to be easily seen. If you’re lucky enough to have a light filled space, our Clear Quartz Clearboys refract light and create a stunning effect, or our Chevronica Amethyst Geo Gem has a beautiful, calming energy perfect for your bedside. Our Raw Crystals come in all shapes, sizes and colours and offer a more organic and rough edge.
Crystal Formation Styling Tips
- Keep natural stones / clusters on the coffee table, bedside table and other surfaces. Utilise Crystal Bookends, Selenite Candle Holders, and Crystal Platters.
- Use carved stone or crystal platters and bowls as containers to store things. We recommend our Black Agate ‘Crystal Crush’ platter.
- Place smaller tumbled crystals on the soil of potted plants.
- Use Crystal Soaps when washing your hands or showering to turn a simple task into a calming and relaxing ritual.
- Have a favourite crystal that you can look to as your ‘worry stone’ or ‘brainstorming stone’ (like a stress ball!). When you are feeling tense or stressed, use this stone to deflect the energy, quieten the mind and get creative when brainstorming new ideas. We recommend our '˜Black Hex' Obsidian Geo Gem.
- Keep a collection of stones near the window as a focus for your attention. We recommend Selenite Towers, Rose Quartz Generator or Mini Celestite Cluster to capture the sunlight. Dealing with stress is important so that it doesn’t affect our physical, spiritual, and emotional selves (not to mention those around us). Every time you look at your rock, it will remind you to be mindful and conscious of your thoughts and actions.
- Weave some mindfulness practises into your day. Maybe begin by setting up a dedicated meditation area in your home that you can retreat to at any time of the day for some peace and quiet. Our Sacred Spaces ‘Chakra’ Pack is the perfect sacred space starter kit.